30 ; ; ; Igniting Innovation
Future challenges force colleges to get creative in
winning the Race to the Top.
BY BOB VIOLINO
38 ; ; ; From Promising to High-Impact
Evaluating educational practices in the
community college for increased student success.
BY KAY MCCLENNEY AND ANGELA ORIANO
AACC ONLINE THIS MONTH:
Community College Times/
• Learning faster via the Opening Learning Initiative
• Executives call for more business, college partnerships
• Online advising helps students, colleges too
46 ; ; ; At Your Service
As competition heats up, Kentucky
community colleges focus on improving the
BY TERRI GILTNER
54 ; ; ; Tools of the Trade
How mobile learning devices are changing
the face of higher education.
BY WYLIE WONG
VOLUME 82 • ISSUE 5
For more information
about Community College
Journal, call AACC at 202/728-0200, ext. 209.
Cover: C.J. Burton; woman: Blend Images/Glow Images
• AACC’s Walter Bumphus on the Tom Joyner Morning Show
• A closer look at President Obama’s 2013 budget
• Congressional sign-on letter promotes Community College
to Career Fund